Thursday, February 28, 2008

South Beach Living: Garlic Parmesan Chicken

At the start of 08, I began the South Beach diet and it worked great for a few weeks, but my schedule was impeding my ability to stay away from carbs/quick meals. My biggest downfall was Smart Ones or Lean Cuisines, good choices normally, but way out of the realm of low-carb eating.

So I've pretty much abandoned the no-carb thing, but I still try to watch that I don't overdo it. Enter South Beach Living (note: "Living" not "Diet") frozen meals. Wahoo! I sure was excited. The box is kind of big which led me to believe I'll feel super full.

The description: white meat chicken strips, rigatoni pasta, broccoli, red bell peppers & asparagus in garlic parmesan sauce.

The reality: white meat chicken strips [The chicken was actually quite good for a frozen meal. It had those cute pretend grill-marks, and wasn't dried out from the microwave time.], rigatoni pasta [Since this is a South Beach meal, I purposely counted the pasta: about 10 rigatoni, which was decent enough. I thought it was whole wheat pasta, because it tastes slightly different from regular pasta, but the box doesn't mention it. Perhaps it has added fiber], broccoli [Typical/good.], red bell peppers [Typical/good.] & asparagus [It was cut into such small pieces that it didn't seem like asparagus to me, but it was also good.] in garlic parmesan sauce [The sauce was a little thin, but definitely tasty].

And while I don't always care about the nutritionals, I'll provide them here for those interested: Calories: 270, Fat: 10g, Carbs: 22g, Fiber: 8g, Protein: 26g.

Definitely gets a thumbs-up, great when you're in a rush, and proved to be filling. Hooray!

No comments: