Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Welcome, food-lovers!

You know that first minute or so of thanksgiving dinner when everyone has been dished a serving of everything, and it's oddly quiet? It's almost a sacred moment of eating. Every mom, cousin and uncle are too excited about the once-a-year goodies to even think about talking. That's my relationship with food most meals.

I get jazzed about the smells, the textures, the tastes. But what I love about food is what I love about my closet: there's a time for fancy and a time for comfy. So I plan on writing about all kinds of foods and restaurants: frozen dinners, greasy diners, easy mac, and those steakhouses where you have to order your sides separately. Mmm, sounds delicious.

I'll end my first post with this:


Photobucket


The above photo was taken in this adorable cupcake shop in Pittsburgh called "Dozen." Yes, they only sold cupcakes. And milk! Anyway, since the cupcakes looked as good as they tasted, I fully intended on taking an artsy shot of said cupcake and potentially hang it in my kitchen. But alas, I dove in too soon. The rest of the cupcake is still adorable...right?

No comments: