Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'm so cheesy!

After hearing about, reading about, and passing them in the frozen foods section for years, I stopped in and picked up one of Amy's cheese enchiladas. Everything's all organic, which is not the type of gal I am normally, but I love enchiladas. You could enchilada (that's used as a verb there) a deep-fried hamster, and I'd probably eat most of it, if not all of it.

I need to do further research into this one because when we remodeled our kitchen a few years ago we got one of those super-nuclear power microwaves that obliterates anything you put inside it. So when I put the delicious-looking (albeit frozen) package in the microwave and followed the directions (3 minutes, turn, 2 minutes) I completely obliterated Amy's presentation. Which I'm sure would have looked scrumptious if not for my eighth-circle of hell microwave. (It was so bad...you know how when you over-nuke things they get little puckers and tiny holes all over so they look like the face of the moon? Yeah. My lunch.)

The taste, however, was fantastic. I'm not adverse to organic, but I don't shop for it specifically. This was so delicious, and I've had a lot of enchiladas. The cheesy nature of the enchiladas caused most of the filling to be completely liquefied (but yummy!) all over the corn and beans (also fantastic). I liked the foods in this order of awesomeness: cheesy-enchilada sauce-y filling, yummy corn tortilla, black beans, corn. I'm just not a corn person, but for frozen then microwaved corn - delicious. The black beans were impressive and especially good covered in cheesy enchilada sauce. I added a little sour cream for my own personal tastes (low-fat of course), and a diet root beer just to sweeten the deal. Right amount of spice, nice flavors, everything tasted fresh and homemade. Amy and I could definitely be BFFs, provided she came over with cheesy enchiladas every day.

The rating: it's just the way I feel about enchiladas, but I might have to get nekked for these. Delish.

No comments: